Benefits of HVAC
Here are the top 10 benefits of installing a new high efficiency HVAC system, as determined by Sila heating and cooling experts.
Cost savings. Replacing an older system with a high efficiency one can save literally thousands of dollars in fuel costs. Many older systems operate around 65% AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency), with the remaining 35% simply lost. New high efficiency systems offer AFUE ratings well over 90%, which is great for both your bottom line and the environment. High efficiency systems often pay for themselves in a few years or less.
Comfort control. Thanks to variable-speed technology, modulating gas valves and other 21st century advances, modern high efficiency systems produce more even heating; maintain temperature at a more constant level; provide more consistent air flow; and offer superior humidity control compared to older systems.
Programmable thermostats. Programmable thermostat systems come standard with a high efficiency system and provide unprecedented control over temperatures in specific zones of your home. Inevitably some rooms need to be heated or cooled more than others, and zoning can provide energy savings alongside the comfort of consistently optimal temperatures. The ability to pre-program temperatures is also ideal for people who are away from home for set periods of time. Homeowners can save annually in energy costs just through proper use of a programmable thermostat.
Superior air flow. High efficiency systems feature variable speed motors that ensure consistent air flow throughout your home. Not only does better air flow translate into better regulated temperature, it also helps to remove air impurities, prevent mold and simply create a more pleasant and healthy breathing environment, with the help of an upgraded filtration system.
Peace and quiet. The high-tech sound absorbing materials in modern high efficiency systems make operating noise non-existent compared to older models, ensuring your HVAC system is felt but not heard.
Longer operating life. As high efficiency systems minimize on-and-off cycling, they typically require less extreme repairs (when properly maintained) and will last longer than lower efficiency systems.
Environmental impact. In this case, what’s good for your home and your wallet is also good for the Earth. High efficiency systems use one-third less fuel as compared to older models, which means less waste and better conservation of natural resources.
Extended warranties. A new heating system is a significant investment, so you’ll want to take the time to understand the warranties that come with it. Lennox high efficiency systems installed by Sila come with 10 year part warranties that provide home owners with long-term peace of mind.
Flexible options. From high efficiency furnaces and HVAC units to geothermal and systems designed specifically for older homes, Sila has a solution for every home, all of which include advanced features and high efficiency capabilities. A Sila professional can evaluate your home and discuss your priorities to determine which system is right for you.
Increased resale value. When evaluating a property, prospective home buyers must consider the quality of a home’s HVAC system and the cost of operating it. Installing a high efficiency heating and cooling system raises the value of your home and may even help you sell it faster.
When is it time to replace your System?
If your current system is more than 20 years old, it is almost certainly a wise investment to replace it with a high-efficiency model.
If your system is between 10 and 20 years old and you are experiencing high utility bills or inconsistent performance, we recommend scheduling a professional evaluation of your existing system to determine if maintenance (such as ductwork repairs) or replacement is the best course of action.
Of course deciding to purchase a high efficiency system is only half the battle; proper installation and regular maintenance is equally paramount. Improper installation can reduce system efficiency by up to 30%, raising your utility bills and possibly shortening the system’s life span. Professional installation and regular Clean and Check service by a Sila professional will ensure that your system runs at peak efficiency for years to come. Among other benefits, regular maintenance reduces fuel consumption and ensures that deadly carbon monoxide is not entering your home.
Fall is a great time to schedule installation and maintenance of your high efficiency system, before the winter season of emergency heating repairs kicks in. Protect your home for winter and save money in the process. Contact Sila Heating & Air Conditioning experts today to discuss the best high efficiency system for your home.